This year, Temple Israel will be celebrating Purim on Friday, March 15. The actual holiday falls right in the middle of spring break, and since the celebration involves much merriment and craziness, we figured why not change it up with a Purim/Shabbat Mash-Up?
· 3:45 p.m. The doors open
· 4:00 p.m. The carnival begins with inflatables, games, snacks, a prize table, and all kinds of fun
· 5:45 p.m. Carnival closes and Purim Sing-a-long begins
· 6:00 p.m. Topsy Turvy Shabbat Service with the TI Band and a retelling of the
· 7:00 p.m. Shabbat Dinner (see details below)
· 7:15 p.m. Costume contest winners announced (child and adult categories)
· 7:20 p.m. Youth Lounge games re-open
We hope you’ll come in costume. We will have a costume contest. All you have to do to enter is walk in the door.
Join Rabbi Weinstein and Cantor Weinstein as we celebrate Purim with our annual Purim Carnival and Megillah reading. After the carnival there will be a festive Shabbat service, including the TI Band, followed by a special Purim dinner prepared by our very own Temple Israel Brotherhood. Dinner will be spaghetti and meatballs, salad, and garlic bread. Gluten Free, vegetarian, and vegan options will be available; be sure to indicate dietary needs when you RSVP for the dinner. Dinner is $10 for adults, free for children 12 and under, RSVP for dinner by Wednesday, March 13 a must. Join in the fun and come in costume! Thank you to the Dundee-Burger Youth Activities Fund for their generous support of Temple Israel youth activities.