TJs is Temple Israel’s youth group for 6th, 7th and 8th graders, offering Jewish students from many different school settings the opportunity to spend time together on a monthly basis.
TJ activities range from purely social to mitzvah opportunities. Our previous events have included, Ropes Course Day, Chanukah Party, Sushi Shabbat, Festival of Desserts, Movie Night, Breakfast Club Shabbat, and High Holyday Food Drive Collection. The TJs represent a variety of young people with diverse interests. Therefore, TJ activities consist of a wide range of opportunities that give them the chance to participate in the Temple community as well as to socialize with one another. For more information about how to get involved, or if you have an idea that you would like to see happen, please contact Jenn Lorch.
Our upcoming events for the 2012 Fall Semester are:
- Shabbat Pool Party – Saturday, August 18th from 11am – 2pm
- Prepare High Holyday Food Bags – Wednesday, September 5th from 5:00pm – 6:45pm
- Collect High Holy Day Food Bags – Wednesday, September 26th from 9:15am – 10:00am
- Temple Youth Retreat – Friday Otober 26th at 5:30pm until Saturday, October 27th at 2pm
- Operation Understanding – Sunday, November 18 from 12:00 pm- 4:00pm
- Chanukah Bowl – Saturday, December 15th from 12:00pm - 4:00pm